Wednesday, October 21, 2015

ENJOY THE LITTLE MOMENTS

Hi everyone!! Back again with another layout to share..... this time based on the October Moodboard over at Dusty Attic.

Here is this month's moodboard: 


I have taken the blue, and golden tones from the moodboard, however instead of using the oranges I have chosen to use Gold itself, along with the blues, a hint of green and black. 

I know its a little early, but I couldn't resist the temptation, to scrap this photo of Jet at Christmas a few years back. I have tried to give my page a non-traditional Christmas feel.

'Enjoy These Little Moments'


The black background was inspired by Jennifer hedger, owner of Dusty Attic, when she said to me she would love to see how some of my work would come up on a black background. Unfortunately it didn't turn out quite as well as I had hoped, but it was a good practice run!!

Some Details:


For my title I began by spreading Modelling Paste through the Heidi Swapp stencil 'Enjoy', on top of the already painted background. When it was dry I replaced the stencil and spread Gesso over it so that it was white (Modelling Paste dries transparent), I then outlined the inside of the word enjoy with lead pencil, and added some letter stickers on foam tape to create the word 'These'. Next I have then taken the 'Little moments' chipboard from the mini Captions #6 and painted it with 13 Arts White SPLASH! Ink. When that was dry i brushed Gold Glitter paint along the bottom half of the title, creating a two-toned effect.



I have painted the Mini Brick Panel White with Gesso, then cut it apart, attaching it to the background around my paper layers to create depth, and added interest.
The Mini Reindeer has simply been Inked Black and layered on top of the Lace Border #3 and Mini Brick Panel.



The Vintage Flourish was painted with Viva Decor Maya Paint in Old Gold, then wrapped in Bronze sparkling thread. I have used both a large and small one, layering them above my flowers, with more flowers on top. I have also added a few of the small teardrop Ornate Pendants, which I have simply covered with White liquid pearls.


The Leaves #2 have also been painted White with SPLASH! Ink, and once again brushing them with Gold glitter paint, though this time all over. I have then tucked them into flower clusters around the page.



I have taken the Lace Border #3, cutting off the 2 pieces the same, to create smaller decorative pieces. I have given them the same treatment as the leaves #2 before attaching them to the left and right edges of my page with the points facing inward toward the photo. 


That's all I have to share today. I hope you have enjoyed my post and found something to inspire you!

Dusty Attic products used:

2 comments:

  1. Might not have been what yu thought but still looks pretty cool if you ask me! Great layout!

    ReplyDelete

Thanx for stopping by and for taking the time to leave your lovely comments.... xoxox!!!